Korg unveils new $500 analog synth: Minilogue
One doesn’t typically associate affordability with analog gear, but Korg’s newest synth, the Minilogue, looks to be a reasonably priced offering with exceptional functionality.
The Minilogue is a fully-programmable polyphonic synth with 4-voices, 37 velocity sensitive keys, a 16-step sequencer, built-in tape style delay, cross modulation between sections, and plenty more enticing features. One of the most notable advancements is the built-in oscilloscope display, which allows one to track all the changes to the waveform in real time. The build consists of an aluminum face panel and Pyinkado wood back panel, making for a sleek, modern design. From the first videos and user reviews, the Minilogue looks to be a beast of a machine.
James Sajeva, Brand Manager for Korg, said the Minilogue “brings a new level of affordability to the world of programmable polyphonic analog synthesizers. At $499.99 it is priced like a digital synth, but is armed with superb true analog sound, convenience of programmability, a striking design and quality build.”
The unit will be available on January 21, and will ship for $499, which, considering the breadth of its functionality, is a very compelling price. Check out the full list of features below.
- 4-voice analog synthesizer
- Fully programable analog controls, with 200 program memories and 100 presets
- Analog signal path includes 2 x VCOs, 1 VCF, 2 EG, 1 VCA, and 1 LFO
- Shape controls allow you to dial in harmonic content in the oscillators’ waveforms
- Voice Modes allow you to play the minilogue in 8 ways
- 16-step sequencer includes realtime motion recording and step programming
- Monitor waveform shaping via the onboard OLED oscilloscope display
- Cross modulation, oscillator sync, and ring modulator let you further shape your sound
- Switchable 2-/4-pole lowpass filter with resonance provides subtractive synthesis
- Modulate many parameters with a ADSR envelope and an LFO
- Tape-style delay effect includes a dedicated highpass filter
- Chassis-mounted pots and rubber-coated knobs
- USB plus MIDI and sync I/O provide easy connectivity with your other synth gear