The Radar 69: Mixed by Barbuto
Although most associate Austin, Texas, with country and rock music, local hero Barbuto has been at the helm of spearheading the city’s techno initiatives. In addition to his admired multi-hour sets, the underground craftsman was picked up by the illustrious Octopus Recordings and has since become a valuable asset to the label.
With an incomparable ear for entrancing, late-night cuts, Barbuto steps up to represent his city’s scene and take us through a versatile palette of moods for the latest edition of The Radar. Pulling in an assortment of hypnotic selections based upon eerie vocal samples, tribal percussion, and celestial synths, Austin’s techno captain creates an offering that runs smooth from start to finish.
1. Nick Curly, Yaccelil – Perpetuo (Original Mix)
2. B.K.R. – Fandango (Reset Robot Remix)
3. Paride Saraceni – Transit Minded (Original Mix)
4. Oniris – Amazonia (Original Mix)
5. Roland Clark, Steven Mestre, Alexander Technique – The Last DJ On Earth (Wally Lopez Remix)
6. Monkey Safari – On (Paco Osuna Remix)
7. Nicole Moudaber & Skin – Organic Love (Scuba Remix)
8. Barbuto – Wormhole
9. Noir – Deelaitte (Original Mix)
10. Clint Stewart, The Reason Y – Aubade Flares (Original Mix)
11. dubspeeka – Bully (Original Mix)