10 things we learned from Carl Cox’s Reddit AMA
Between packed shows in Melbourne and Amsterdam, living legend Carl Cox brought his namesake event to Miami for Ultra Music Festival. The Carl Cox & Friends Arena at UMF included appearances by Nicole Moudaber and Richie Hawtin as well as a euphoric set by the big man himself.
To celebrate the occasion, the Intec Digital label boss took to Reddit — live from Ultra — to talk motorcycles, festivals, and his final season at Space Ibiza. Here are the 10 most important things we learned from the veteran DJ’s AMA.
1. Although he thinks it may have reached its peak, he stays positive about the future of electronic music.
2. Joe Brunning’s “Now Let Me See You Work” is his go-to crowd pleaser in any set.
3. He’s a motorcycle collector with over 70 specimens.
4. His accomplishments and impact are what fuel his trademark smile.
5. Even he doesn’t know what he’s going to do when Space Ibiza closes later this year.
6. He’s not afraid to namedrop some up-and-coming talent (or gracefully dodge a mixtape).
7. His advice to bedroom DJs: stay away from the Beatport Top 100.
8. He’s heavily involved in curating his namesake tent at Ultra each year…
9. …but he hasn’t ruled out curating his own festival series.
10. At the end of the day, he’s a huge Gary Numan fan just like the rest of us.